Following the success of the resources for trauma-informed practice in early learning centres, I am pleased to advise of my new training workshop: Addressing Trauma in the Early Learning Setting: The CARE approach.
The training workshop covers:
- What is ‘trauma’?
- The effect of trauma on the developing child
- Signs that a child has or may have experienced trauma
- What a therapeutic care environment looks like
- Implementing a Therapeutic Care Plan
- What recovery looks like for the child who has experienced trauma
- Supporting our best endeavours – implementing a Self-Care Plan
The training was recently rolled out to a community early learning centre, with all staff who attended indicating that they would recommend the training to other early childhood educators.
The all-inclusive* cost of a one-day training workshop is AUD$2,000. This covers presenter costs and all handouts, including proformas for developing Therapeutic CARE Plans and Self-Care Plans.
Contact Secure Start to discuss an implementation:
Rebecca Pearce (Practice Manager):
- (08) 82789358
* excluding travel to Centres outside of metropolitan Adelaide