Search this site
Secure Start – Trauma Informed
The Kinship CARE Project
- When Punishment is Problematic
- Trauma-Informed: Adopting a Balanced View
- Therapeutic Parenting : What it Looks Like
- Party Hats On Monsters
- How to train : Some reflections
- Trauma-informed in South Australia: the Kinship CARE Project
- Reactive Attachment Disorder and the Looking-Glass-Self
- A Tale of Four Mice: An Attachment Story
- Therapeutic Parenting : What is it?
- School Holidays : A brief survival guide
- AAA Caregiving
- Book Reviews
- Children's Behaviour
- kinship care
- The Library Book
- Training Programs
- trauma informed
- trauma informed care
- trauma informed practice
- Trauma Informed Schools
- Youth Suicide
Tag Archives: therapeutic parenting
In this post I will provide a description of what therapeutic parenting might look like when viewed as enrichment of conventional aspects of parenting that support recovery from inconsistent and inadequate care and early attachment trauma. Continue reading →
Across a career spanning almost 25 years I have spent much of my time engaging with caregivers of deeply hurt and troubled children.
Caregivers of these children often ask: What can I do to help this child?
This is an interesting question.
Which of the following statements best reflects the answer you would like to receive to this question, were you asking it? … Continue reading →